Researchers: Trinity Kindergarten
- The leaves have to come from a tree. (Can you see the tree it came from? Does it have bark?)
- The leaves have to be from the ground/ no longer helping the tree makes its food.
- Get a good sampling of each kind without getting too many of one.
- Focus: Leaves!
- Sort leaves by shape (different shape, different tree).
- Compile data together (check and recheck).
- Count how many types of leaves you have found.
Results: 17 Different kinds of leaves were found.
(Take possible errors into account)
Conclusion: “We have 17 different kinds of trees at Trinity School and we might have more.”